30 days of trying something new Day 1

Trying something new today - we all know chia seeds are good for us, but sprouting them can make them even better. We all also know that warm lemon water is fabulous for our systems. So I thought I would combine them along with green superfoods. I personally love having wheatgrass and other greens - they're just so refreshing. I also enjoy testing on myself - as if I am an experiment, which you will see as common theme on this blog.

So first, quick benefits on the ingredients

// chia seeds //
       -  digestive aid - they are rich in fiber
       -  rich in antioxidants - beneficial for our skin
       -  anti-inflammatory
       -  high in omega-3s
     

Sprouting chia seeds makes them even easier to digest along with getting the full chlorophyll benefit(set in water for 30 - 90 minutes)

// lemon + lemon water //
       -  good source of vitamin c
       -  digestive aid
       -  can help decrease bloating, especially after a heavy meal
       -  increase hydration



// amazing grass detox + digest //
   I usually use their traditional greens, but thought I would switch it up to see how I felt after drinking it. It contains great ingredients along with probiotics. I find that we tend to wreak havoc on ourselves, our nervous system, and our guts and we should be taking preventative measures to constantly support our well being. This is just day 1 of trying it, but I will be sure to check in at the end of the 30 days.
note: this also talks a lot about "detoxing". our bodies detox NATURALLY without the use of supplements, teas, formulas, witchcraft, and the like. this is also why i really won't talk much about detoxing. I think we can clean up our diet by eating "clean foods" since what we put in our body will be absorbed and is what fuels us. more on this another time.


The Recipe:
 3 Tablespoons of Chia Seeds
 8 Ounces of Water - I choose lukewarm. it's easier, and I don't care for warm greens.
 1/2 Lemon juice - cut the lemon in half and squeeze
 1 Scoop of the Greens of choice

Directions:

mix all together in a glass or a jar (makes it easier to shake with a lid on). let stand 30-90 minutes (today it was about 90 minutes since this was my midmorning snack). sip and enjoy. i will test making a few of these in advanced and see how the flavor and consistency keeps up - i'm all about the meal prep!

Comments

Popular Posts