What I'm Loving Wednesdays

Another new segment that I’m testing out. It may not be consistently every Wednesday, but maybe once a month since I need a little time to decide which things I’ve tried and love the most.
//HIIT/ Lately I’ve been really into HIIT workouts. I’m not even talking HIIT classes but workouts I can do at home or out in the yard or wherever under 30 minutes. Sometimes I will look up specific HIIT workouts, or I will put together a number of moves based on what I’m desiring to work and then just go for it. For instance for arms/ upper body, I’ll do some traditional curls (hammer, wide, etc), tricep work, shoulder work, and throw in things such as burpees, kettlebell swings, squat presses, etc. I love it, it’s easy, my fiance’ jumps in, and we can get it complete in no time.

//JOURNALING/ I started journaling about 3 weeks ago and it has been life changing, Even if it’s just a few minutes, it is a time to reflect how different things affected me, reflect on my life and my feelings. It’s been amazing and makes me stop and slow down for a few minutes, which I think we could all use. I also take the time to note how my sleep was, how foods affected me and made me feel, and anything else on my mind. I highly recommend it!

//GINGER LEMON SHOTS/ Who doesn’t want to help their digestion? Ginger has been used for many years to enhance foods and also as a palate cleanser between meals. Check out some of the benefits here. Ginger can help calm down stomach issues (who hasn’t used ginger ale for years when they weren’t feeling well?) and is also used as an anti-inflammatory agent. We love taking a Ginger shot mixed with lemon and some cayenne. Lemon is great for digestion and hydration (hello adding lemon to water!) along with containing Vitamin C. Cayenne raises the heat in your body and can help boost your metabolism – a little pinch is all you need to add some flavor to your drinks and food! Many people will claim that these are also “cleansing” foods, but I prefer to not use that terminology, as I believe our bodies do a fantastic job at self cleansing. I do find this shot to be refreshing and a great finish to my lunches.

There you have it. Three things I’m loving!

Disclaimer: I am not a certified nutritionist or a doctor and make no claims to the contrary. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health.

Comments

Popular Posts